Stephanie Shark brings a wide range of skills as the new Executive Director of the RSA. But her flexibility in all the positions she’s held has been her core strength since beginning her career in the early 1990s as an Assistant Director of Marketing & Sales. Since then, she has held increasingly responsible positions in the association management industry.
Stephanie is committed to best business management practices as she demonstrated at the Colorado Mining Association. “When I started at the CMA, I really didn’t know much about mining. Now, I could give you a pretty good description of how longwall mining operations work,” Stephanie shares. She is confident that she will also learn the intricacies of wide format digital printing.
Some of Stephanie’s immediate plans for early 2023 include:
- Attending vendor reseller events
- Visiting member companies
- Preparing for the spring meeting
Her goals when visiting member companies are to see first-hand how their businesses run, learn about what they need from the RSA and understand their day-to-day operations. Stephanie says, “It’s important for me to see them in action and make those personal connections.”
The combination of her experience in association management along with her background in marketing, membership and operations, will go a long way to achieving the goal of acquiring new member companies for RSA. Stephanie will be working with the Board of Directors to identify organizational goals and implement a plan that will include new member growth and engagement of existing members. Her experience in association management along with her extensive background in marketing and membership will go a long way toward helping RSA achieve its goals.
Welcome Stephanie to the Reprographic Services Association!
Five Things You Might Not Know About Stephanie Shark
- She grew up in Southern California but has lived in Colorado for 19 years.
- Her husband Eric is an engineer, and they have four adult children between them.
- She doesn’t ski but has been snowshoeing and plans to do more.
- Camping, boating and hiking are her main pastimes in Colorado. Favorite place? Telluride/Ouray.
- She does not drink hot coffee…only iced.